A splendid start...

My previous trip with a large number of relatives was during my thread ceremony in 1999. Those were some of my most pleasurable moments in life. I was eagerly looking forward to another. The boon was granted on the 30th of June, 2007.
We started our journey westward from Bangalore on that chilly morning. We were 25 in all and I had jumped to catch the window seat in the last row, much to the displeasure of a herd of younger cousins. In such issues, I am smaller than the smallest kid. The digital camera was put to full use, for I clicked away to glory at everything interesting I saw, once we had reached the outskirts of Bangalore. There was nothing outside that I could draw my sight away from. I kept staring at those large mountain ranges silhouetted against thick, dark clouds, bearing life-giving water. The roads wore a lovely dark gray tint and the trees on either side had gone into their darkest shades of brown and green, thanks to the monsoon.
It was a contrasting change, for Bangalore was choking with breadwinners running helter-skelter, noisy vehicles puffing smoke, horns driving people crazy and many other things people would love to live without. I had entered the world of the slow-moving, eternally blessed lot, who have had the opportunity to live in enchantingly exquisite surroundings. Utopia, I thought. But the best was yet to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh