When destiny beckons...

I had my pre-employment medical check-up done from the VHS (Voluntary Health Services) hospital here in Chennai. A doctor named Pradeep is one of my close friends there and I had the opportunity, thereby, to visit his division. The latter housed patients who tested positive for HIV. A look at some of them, which I managed to throw with great difficulty, revealed nothing else but eyes calling for someone to donate hope during the last moments of their life. Little children suffering the wrath of a lifetime (if there is any life), for absolutely no fault of theirs! Hitler was no greater dictator than nature probably.
A few thoughts came into my mind that I wanted to express. How does it feel when the ultimate fear engulfs the mind? Man and presumably every animal lives today in the hope that there will be a tomorrow. Though death is certain, everyone thinks he or she is immortal, most surprisingly (Yaksha Prashna, Mahabharatha). This is exactly the thought that keeps propelling living beings ahead. Or else, how could people celebrate birthdays had they been aware that they were getting closer to the grave?
The answer to these questions, I have heard, lies in the discovery of who we actually are. So, I should indeed be "in search of my self..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh