Job satisfaction

There was this beautiful mail that my PL sent me. It was about what to and what not to expect from a job. There was of course, loads of advice associated with it. But the crux is what matters. The bottomline is too simple and offers just two choices:
1. You stay if you like the job.
2. You quit if you don't.
But with some people here, I find that satisfaction from the job is lacking and they still hang on and discourage new joinees. Something that I despise. The first day I reached here, a guy asked me - "Why did you come here after studying at IIT?" How do I answer that question. This is something that was put to me the day I joined my previous employer too. I have found this question irritating. A question that shatters all hopes - further, something that also teaches you not to expect anything from the job being done. I also recollect that the day I joined IIT, there was a person who asked me why I was there though I had been employed by a prestigious organization. Come on! There are some things that an individual would like to do that would not have answers or make the person feel uncomfortable while attempting to answer them.
I am trying to inculcate this attitude in me - "This is what the industry demands. Be part of it and contribute. Or watch from a distance. After all, economies are running only due to industrialization and not because of the millions of lines of simulation codes being written in research after making umpteen assumptions."
That makes me feel better.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi anand

Every organisation has their share of enthusiastic guys like your pops and me, in a organisation with 220 employees.We could count a few more in our league over the years.
So it will take a long time to find them.I should say it took some years i.e. 7years before I found your father .
So,every chance that we will bump into disgruntled elements more often than the good ones ,as the ratio is too low!!!

Gaby

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh