Sudden Growth = Bigger Fall

To all that don't know how I got into playing league cricket, let me admit it was an accident. In fact, I was taken as a replacement for the AG's office (II Division, TNCA League) gloveman for only two matches in the 2007-2008 season. Looking at my decent ability with the gloves, I was asked to continue playing for them as wicket keeper in 2008-09. Poor things didn't know my (in)capacity with the bat.
The truth came out this season. Of the 5 matches I played, I managed a top score of 13 not out in a match that was declared drawn owing to bad light. My average was a stunning 5.33 with two ducks off the first ball I faced.
And to add to all that, I have been pushed down to III Division this year. Let's see what's in store. Not for me, for the team I am gonna play ;).

Comments

Dharik said…
hang in there buddy! what happened horrendous wickets and/or umpiring?
Mad Blogger said…
thalaivaa...

one match bad decision da. very bad. i was striking the ball well. another match, i was batting on 13. we were losing the match cos i was the only batsman left. then team asked me to complain of bad light (though there was enough light to play brett lee) and quit the game... and i had to do it!!! don't you think i deserve this average???
Anurag Verma said…
Man, you are better than that... go out in the next match and bat like you rule the game :)
Anurag Verma said…
ok... after reading the two sixes post, I have a question... highest 13? and it had 2 sixes? whats the longest innings in terms of balls you have played? :P
Mad Blogger said…
i will next time. those two sixes were in a match in the KSCA league. i have a good average there. above 40. TNCA 2nd division standard seemed too high. 13 had two fours in it. thats all. how've you been faring?

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh