Spelllinngg!!!


I just bought this new cricket bat for my leagues next season. It is an amazing piece of white willow and the balance is just outstanding. It is well knocked-in and ready for use. Sadly, it has a name that made me remove the stickers the day I bought it. It's called MATRRIXX!
Now, who on earth would name a bat like that? Maybe they consulted Daffy Duck (of the Looney Tunes) before naming it. Or maybe it is to avoid getting into copyright clashes with the 'Matrix' range from Sunridges (SS). Whatever the reason, the name sucks and I spent a couple of hours removing the stickers without peeling off the willow.

Now, sticker-peeling isn't an easy task. It needs great care because the adhesive used is so strong and the wood so soft that it brings out bat chips along with it. After peeling, the entire bat gets sticky and the only solution to erase this is to use either petrol or kerosene and wipe the entire bat with a cloth dipped in it. When I did this, i got a cupful of white glue (goo maybe). The stench was intolerable. I then had to use kerosene to erase that odour. I put the bat back into the cover. The next time I removed it, I found little threads from the cover sticking to it in numerous places. Oof! What a mess.

Finally, I got tired of it and left it as it is. It now looks horrible - white willow with black spots and red ball marks. I should have let the sticker stay on. My monkey business!!!

Comments

Dharik said…
thalayvar,
which company is this?
I actually thought for a moment it is the Matrix!

I remember laddu once telling me a thing about bats:

they should broad edges, because thats what we use the most! :)
Mad Blogger said…
hi rik

this is some new brand that became the official kit supplier for the ICL. there are so many new players in the cricket-equipment zone now. Adidas and Nike have entered it. There is a new brand called "just". "Matrrixx" is one such brand. just type cricket bat brands on google and you will be amazed to see the number of brands available.

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh