Wedding bells

Rollercoaster season this! A series of weddings to attend - all at different places. Don't know where to make gifts and where to make excuses. Tough time. Anyway, greatest luck to all tying the knot.
On similar lines, I guess these bells (or death knells :P) would ring soon in my house too. My parents are hellbent on seeing their son more responsible. I still feel I am more responsible now and would only become lethargic after marriage. I still doubt it is my grandmom's desire to see her great grandchild that's driving them into this. Anyway, God save the girl!
We returned from our annual trip to our family deity's - Kukke Subrahmanya (Sullya District, Karnataka), where my mom said she sought God's permission to find me a wife. Strange sentiment, but I don't think I would ridicule mommy for this thought. Poor lady has been surviving my torture too long to get rational.
The resume floating for the choicest bride should start anytime now and what amuses me is the kind of questions people put. What kind of a girl do you want? Now what kind of an answer do people expect while posing such a question?
I only tell them that my requirement is a girl and not a product that would comply to my statement of requirements. Interests matching, age difference, height difference, weight difference, colour difference, etc. etc. and the list of differences grows to eternity. Why does one think so much of all these before getting married? Maybe I still haven't thought enough to understand this. But certainly, such thoughts escape my little brain.
When would we stop thinking that there is only a certain set of people that we can live with (as long as they aren't terrorists :P)? We didn't decide to what kind of parents we would be born. When would we learn to accept people just as they are?
Guess I am too confused to explain any further...

Comments

Dharik said…
interesting thoughts :) when will you be playing in the IPL da thalay, I am sure you can keep as good as mr uthappa!
Mad Blogger said…
hey rik... great to hear from you. i think i would prefer playing in the Indian test team rather than this stupid T20 format of cricket :P
Anyway, maybe I would keep wickets like Uthappa, but even my most boastful self wouldn't think of hitting sixes like him. So, I have decided to retire from IPL even before I joined ;)

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh