Crossbatsman

"Anand, you are playing across." - most common comment when I bat.
"You have shuffled across so much that your middle and leg stumps are seen." - a common quote when I try to flick the ball off the pads.
"Don't run away from the leg stump." - cricket coach during school days.
"When the ball is bowled straight at your middle stump, play it straight back to the stumps at the other end. You are playing it to mid-on." - Coach @ IITM.
"Your bat is coming from gully. Get it straight at the ball." - another feather in the cap.
With such comments being heard after every batting session, I hereby give myself the title, 'crossbatsman'. Batting across seems to be a congenital defect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh