Benefits

What is in it for me? The constant question in my mind before taking up a task. I don't think I like asking that question but I frankly am unable to give up on it yet. I believe this is the thought in many people's minds and is something I would like to dwell upon.

This question is quite dangerous because it could unconsciously cause inaction, or subdued action because the doer at times may not be able to see all the benefits of the action. Also, there is possibility of prioritizing other action with seemingly larger benefits while reality would say otherwise.

Disinterest in the benefits while performing the action would help remove far foresight and focus on requisite action. Isn't this what is exactly told in the Gita? Merits and Demerits from an action are not to be thought of as the doer is absolutely in no control of them. What is required is consciousness and devotion to the action to be done and this detachment from the result helps retain poise when result doesn't go well.

Such simple lines in the Gita. Such a beautiful concept. Yet so tough for the human mind to practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh