Employed at last!

I had not for once dreamt that I would make my fiftieth post with a job in hand. Yes, fortunately, I have been placed with Messrs. General Motors. December 8th would remain a red letter day in my life.
Pre-interview emotions were high and a lot of talk about a lot of things filled the air around the placement office. The place was filled with probably the most wily souls ever, all clad in gentleman-like formals with prior preparation to speak lies enough to fill the quota of a couple of human births. Everybody looked noble and I knew everyone's eyes and everyone's smile hid something ulterior and I was no exception. Tension tightened its grip on all and the cool weather was no remedy to perspiration. There was an aura of camaraderie mixed with subtle jealousies and trust me, the two are seriously contagious at such a place. Reminiscence is sweet, but I still can't believe I lived through it.
The technical interview was cool and for a moment, I thought I was wasting my time, for the panel was ultra-cool and the whole process seemed to progress nice and slow, highly uncharacteristic of interviews I have attended so far. And when the panel said with a smiling face, "we will get back to you", I assured myself that they were telling me to f*** off in the most thoroughbred dandy style of speech. I went to the stadium at IIT Madras to see my friends at net practice. It was here that I got a call from the placement cell for the HR "interview".
I followed the HR person with the most scornful look. I have always thought of HR managers as people who are used to seeing others fibbing and the thought that he could look through the cock and bull stories I had narrated at the interview sent a shiver down my spine.
To my surprise, he just shook my hand and said, congrats! you have been selected. I was more ashamed at that instant than happy. I had felt jealous, suspicious and scared, only because of an interview?! What a magnanimous personality!!! Soon, jubilation overshadowed shame and I called up my parents to tell them that their son was employed at last.
Everyone was happy and that made my day!
I would be deemed ungrateful if I did not thank, atleast on this blog, everyone who supported me when I was feeling low - this the people reading this blog should know. Thanks to all my teachers and friends without whom I could never have reached where I presently am, today. Kudos!

Comments

Vikas Shenoy said…
Hey Thalai!!

Congratulations man. It was great to see you all smiles that day, really really happy for you bro. We love you. :-)

Be good Do good.

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh