The Court Supreme!!!

Please bear with me. My mind is at unrest after reading this. Maybe you will face the same situation too. Thanks to NDTV for publishing this piece of utmost national importance.
"NDTV Correspondent
Saturday, September 15, 2007 (New Delhi)
The Supreme Court on Saturday set aside a Karnataka High Court verdict, which had reduced the sentence of the accused of raping a ten-year-old girl from seven years to three and a half years. The High Court had reduced the sentence stating reasons that the accused was a young boy of 18 years belonging to the Vaddara community and illiterate. Supreme Court has held that the measure of punishment in the case of rape cannot depend upon the social status of the victim or the accused. The socio-economic status is an irrelevant consideration in the sentencing policy."
"My friend slapped me the other day and I think it would be right on my part to go directly to the supreme court, as the high courts pronounce judgments based on caste."
No wonder a sea of cases are still pending with the Supreme Court. Below this was a request made to readers to rate this article on a scale of five stars. How much should I give?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh