Hats off Gurus!

Dawned September 5 and there was an urge to jump out of bed. Something that never happens to me. What was the urge all about? It just got stronger and stronger. Yes, I woke up on Teachers' Day with a violent jolt from within.
The first thing I wanted to do was to rush to every teacher's residence carrying gifts. But it obviously wasn't possible because the effort that has gone into making me as I am today was not put in by a handful, but a multitude of gurus. The least I could do was make telephone calls to a few I still remained in contact with and a few more, with whom there hadn't been any conversations in the recent past. The latter set failed to recognize me. It was but natural. They have been seeing batch after batch pass out and I was nothing more than a member of one of those batches. However, some teachers felt happy that I called and I was elated when they recognized my voice.
What makes me write here??? Its a question I have been trying to answer as I type. I have never felt like I did this morning. Is it attachment, sentiment, emotion? What is it? I have been trying to console myself telling that this is the way of the world. One is always dependent on another. A parasitic existence, though mutual. Nothing is made complete by an individual. There is always the hand of someone in every little task accomplished. But the person who has lent a hand, maybe even more, is forgotten with passage of time.
Time is supposed to be a healer. But it comes down harshly on one's memory. The thought that my teachers have remained nothing more than memories in me makes my head fall in shame. There have been teachers in my life from whom I have derived knowledge in more domains besides academics. In every little endeavor, there has been a teacher, direct or indirect. On this day, I would like to express my gratitude to each one of them, without whom, I could never have been even close to the small person I am. The misdeeds I have committed that hurt my teachers at times, seem to prick me today. All the nonsense I spoke behind their back makes me feel uncomfortable now.
The little things I might have achieved in life is solely because of their efforts. And what have I done for them? Written this blog, hoping some teacher of mine is reading this, somewhere! What a shame!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh