The Acronym Onslaught!

I worked with Messrs. Audco India Ltd. prior to my decision to continue my masters and I am reminded of one incident there that had left me open mouthed for a while. This took place a day after I joined.

One of the rules in my letter of appointment as Engineer Trainee read, "No leave shall be permitted during the period of training (six bloody months!) whatsoever, unless availed under unavoidable circumstances. I needed to take leave for my Driving Test to get my Driving licence and had to take the third day from joining, off. I approached my product head and explained the situation. This reply of his kept me thinking for the entire day - "Anand, go to SSR of PSD and tell him you have been put under NRV. He will decide if this is CL or LOP".

Blistering Barnacles!!! What do I make out from that? I approached a senior with this outrageous statement and he deciphered it for me. "Anand, go to Sowrirajan (SSR was how he was known) of People's Support Department (PSD) and tell him you have been put under N.R. Venkatesh (NRV was how this person was known). He will decide if this is Casual Leave or Loss of Pay." *#*@#*

Talk Less! Work more. Absolutely! Don't you think I worked more for the only reason that he talked less??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh