The PPT by GE!

"PPTs" at IITM stands for pre-placement talks, besides notoriously pointing to useless presentations in Power Point that students here make with expertise, to compensate for loss of marks in the quizzes (periodical tests). This blog is on a pre-placement talk that I had to attend skipping cricket practice for the only reason that I need a job in future to play cricket as well!

Messrs. GE had come for the PPT and it all began at 4.45 pm in a hall filled to capacity as this organization is known for mass recruitment. To ease boredom off the relatively long presentation, the representatives had conjured up a few questions to be put to an audience, I am sure, that was eagerly waiting to look only at the slide carrying the package offered. Anyone who gave the right answer would get a cap. I got a cap too! But what was different?

I had only heard a part of the question (it wasn't a visual) amidst my slumber - "Which car is it?"Someone from the audience yelled out a name that doesn't run in India. The representative said it was incorrect and proceeded with a clue. He said "Its a Maruti car". Pat, came the reply from me - "Swift" and I was "honored" with a cap. The lady who handed over the cap to me asked, "You only guessed it right?!" with all her 32 teeth out of her mouth. I showed her that I had the same number of teeth and went back to my seat, anxious to know the question to which I had given the answer. My reply was only a guess of the name of a Maruti car and nothing other than that. I learnt from the presentation that followed that one of the engineers at GE had actually designed the bumper for the 'Swift' and this was the first part of the question that I had failed to hear. How did I tell that name? My dad owns a Swift and presently a Maruti brand that would first flash across my mind would naturally be a Swift.

Everyone around me was definitely jealous and a lot of them were gracious enough to remind me that I had only guessed the answer. My ego said, "Don't worry! You did something the others couldn't." And then, I went back to sleep, intoxicated by the victory, for the rest of the presentation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh