India Shining!!!

I was on this train to Bangalore, which is the only place on earth I seem to reach when I have my holidays. This particular experience was different.
I have come across eunuchs demanding money in very atrocious ways on north-bound trains from Chennai Central. This time, Brindavan express fell into their hands as well.
The eunuch came and clapped when I was listening to music with my earphones on. I paid no heed. Had it been on any north-bound train, the eunuch would have simply pulled the earphones off and demanded money. But this one seemed literate and more importantly, educated.
The eunuch patted my back and requested me to take the earphones off. And then, in a most cultured tone, asked, "Excuse me, Sir. Could you spare me some change?"
I was surprised at the tone and stared for a while and later sent it away telling I had no change.
I overheard a few conversations between the eunuch and a few other passengers in my compartment and learnt that it was comfortably speaking gramatically correct English.
Now, what disturbed me most for quite sometime after the incident was why such educated eunuchs had to beg on trains!!!
Where do I look for an answer?

Comments

Ire said…
Lolz. Surprising it is! But the drawback is that nobody would be willing to employ them so hence they rivert to begging. Life's little ironies.....

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh