Matka Chai, vada, dosa and insects....

I cursed myself for having chosen SBI from among three banks located inside IIT Kharagpur. But all was over and I walked back with Shekhar towards his hall of residence, hoping to get a room. Luckily I got one right opposite his and that was the only happy thing both of us saw that day. At dusk, we went to the football ground there and sat down to enjoy the cool breeze that drove away all the humidity. It felt good, but both of us were tired and could not walk any more. The ground was a more than a kilometer away from the hostel and we had actually come out in search of a canteen that could offer better food.
On the way, we had stopped to refresh ourselves with some tea at a shop. For the first time, I was served tea in an earthen cup. I liked the idea, but the cup was not well baked and the moisture was felt. I drank the tea and each sip that I had, brought with it, millions of particles. I did not know if that was unfiltered tea dust or the earthen cup wearing off, thanks to the heat from the tea. We found a canteen with a reasonable crowd near the football ground and as there was time remaining for hunger to strike, we had ventured into the ground.
It was about seven thirty when we managed to lift our posteriors from the soft grass. We went to the canteen mentioned above and ordered some vadas and a dosa for each of us. That was the only meal that did not make us sad. We resolved to go there till we stayed in Kharagpur. We returned to our rooms, more satisfied than before and were in for another surprise.
I opened the door of my room and put on the light. There were guests – flying insects in all colors and sizes. Thank goodness the large ones were very little in number. An open window offered ample opportunity for these unwelcome guests to enter. Again, Shekhar and I indulged in fighting those pests until most of them had been trampled to death. We were a tired duo, waiting to hit the bed. But the counseling that was to be held the next day ran in our minds and did not grant us sleep until midnight. We kept talking and finally, physical exertion put us to sleep. The morning sun welcomed us to another day in the same vein as the previous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh