Serial Killers....

I have been longing to write on this topic for quite sometime. My attempts to control my emotions over serials on television have gone in vain. No more shall I curb my instincts.
The clock strikes eleven and that sounds the death knell for my tete-a-tete with the television. The fair sex (rather unfair at most times...) at home are done with their chores and take their places in front of the idiot box (I find it an idiot box only when people watch serials, else it's fine) with more passion than they show in any household activity. Ask them to allow you to watch TV for a day and they all shed tears like someone very close just kicked the bucket.
One fine day, I decided to sit and watch what it really is in those serials that attracts women at home. One mistake I learnt never to repeat. Every serial seems to be the same.
One lady, supposedly the lead actress, grows up in a poor household where the father finds it difficult to make
both ends meet. This lady is burdened with all difficulties of life. Destiny has hit her very hard, but still, she faces it. Ailing parents(in most cases, her father is no more), a spoilt brother and an alcoholic husband, who has extramarital affairs are her assets. She still does not lose her temper and tries to live in harmony with the family. Her biggest trouble is her mother-in-law, who seems to make all attempts to get her son married to another female. But the lead actress' father-in-law is a thoroughbred gentleman. He fights for his daughter-in-law's rights, but in vain. All this, because he is ruled by his wife.
Ooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffff...... My head is spinning.
That covers over a month's quota of episodes. Maybe I will have to write a few more blogs and the entire story of the mega serial shall be done. But I fear losing the already handful list of readers I have.
In all serials, besides the story, there are a couple of things in common. First, any dialogue from the good characters is pregnant with goodwill. And any sentence from the villain is supposed to wreck havoc and terror. Second, all dialogues from the good characters in the "story" should be spoken with tears. Looking at those tears, all viewers shed tears. Viewers back home assume that things happening in the serial are bound to happen at home.
This ultimately fruitful activity goes on from 11am to 11pm with a break in the evenings. This is because there are no serials in the evenings. The actors in the serials should get some time to refill their tear glands, isn't it???
Gimme a break........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh