Natural Splendor

Thursday dawned and the unseasonal overnight downpour had not affected my excitement. It was a pleasurable drive to IIT on my motorbike. I was anticipating all kinds of things that might happen at SHAR. Throughout the ride, I dreamt of fabulous rockets that I would see and some technical snag that defeated all professional expertise available there and was set right by me! Excuse me for this, but day dreaming is my favorite pastime.
The bus turned right on that busy Chennai-Kolkata highway. A turn I knew, would take me to a place in India that only a lucky few would get to visit. A board said that the entrance to SHAR was seventeen kilometers from there. It did not take me much time to note that once we had left the highway, we were on a road that was flanked by tranquil marshes of the Pulicat lake on either side. As far as one's eyesight could go perpendicular to the road, there was nothing but marshland. The sky was pregnant with water vapor and could deliver anytime. An odorless cool breeze filled with drizzle struck my face and gave me goosebumps all over. Beholding virgin nature, I tell you, is a feeling that cannot be explained.
The splendid drive lasted thirty minutes and the sight ahead gave me immense happiness - the entrance to the satellite launching station, Sriharikota.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No comments

Shelley said 'Spring' but I say 'Summer'

Blushhhhhhhh